Hot-Dip Galvanizing is Sustainable by Nature
Because hot-dip galvanizing is a factory-controlled process, it can be done 24/7, 365 days a year. Corrosion resistant steel helps preserve the structural integrity of steel for decades, especially useful in seismic activity. This decades-long protection helps maintain structures for longer without a need for intervention, keeping maintenance costs low and the life span of the structures long!
- Things can get re-galvanized and is easily stored outside (UV rays don’t degrade the coating)
- Zinc is an incredibly abundant material and is 100% recyclable, as is steel
- Galvanized steel is an infinitely renewable building material (about 70% of all steel / 95% of structural steel and 30% of zinc comes from recycled sources)
- End-of-life reclamation rates for steel is 100% and zinc is 80%
- Steel is the most recycled material in the world!
To learn more about environmental sustainability of Hot-Dip Galvanizing, check out AGA's page on sustainability!