Zinc Touchup and Repair for Damaged Hot-Dip Galvanized Coatings
Zirp™ is a cold galvanizing compound designed to comply with ASTM A780 requirements for the touchup and repair of damaged hot dip galvanized coatings.
Zirp™ has a very high molecular weight epoxy resin binder, which features the outstanding adhesion and chemical resistance characteristics of converted epoxies but with none of the disadvantages. The material dries solely by the evaporation of solvents and can be recoated in as little as four hours. Recommended topcoats include vinyls, vinyl acrylics, and urethanes.
Zirp™ contains a high percentage of metallic zinc and should not be used in strongly acidic or alkaline exposures. A system of Zirp™ overcoated with a chemically resistant vinyl or vinyl acrylic topcoat provides long term protection to steel surfaces exposed to aggressive chemical and marine environments.
Some technical product details:
- Simple handling, single package system
- Easy mixing -- no hard settling of pigment and little or no mixing required during application
- Dry to touch in 15 minutes (can be re-coated within 4 hours)
- Can be applied up to 5 mils (dry film thickness)
- Temperature tolerance -40F to 150F (wet), higher for dry environments
- Long term shelf stability
- Safe for use in confined areas (with forced air circulation)
- USDA accepted
Touch-up of hot-dip galvanizing.
- On most projects from Duncan!